14 Watt LED Grow Light Kit
DIY LED Grow Light Kit:
- Uses 272 High Brightness 5mm LEDs
- 204 Red (615-655nm)
- 68 Blue (455-485nm)
- 120V AC operation only (Europe will need an adapter)
- Draws just 14 watts
- 100,000 hour lifetime (18 hrs/day, 365 days/year, for 15 years!) If an LED burns out, you can
buy a replacement at Radio Shack!
- Measures 6” x 4.75” x 0.5”
- 6 mounting holes around the periphery
- Silent, virtually cool operation (compared to 400+ degrees of an HID)
- Active current regulation circuitry - gives you much better control than resistors
- High quality US made LED's (NOT Chinese!)
The advantage of an LED grow light kit is the money $$ you save! Assembly time is about 1.5
hours for a skilled hobbyist. However, if you don’t know what a soldering iron is, this kit probably
isn’t for you. Our competitors claim a 190 or 225 LED light bar or panel will cover 3 or 6 square
feet. This is simply not true, as many of their former customers can attest. Our recommendation
is one 14w, 272 LED kit per square foot. Install height is typically 12-18".
While comparing this kit with other LED grow lights, ask these questions:
How many Watts does it use? Does it even say? If not, move on!
Does the wattage make sense? (Each “standard” 5mm LED puts out about 0.05 watts, if theirs is
more than that, either they haven’t measured actual power consumption, or they’re “overdriving” the
LEDs which shortens life considerably)
Does the coverage area seem "ambitious?" A 6 watt 190 LED grow light will not cover 3 sq ft!
How much does it cost?
|Includes everything you need to build your own 120V Grow Light
(minus solder and soldering iron)
NEW 14 watt kit pricing: $45.00
(Shipping outside of the US will cost extra. Please contact us for a shipping quote)